Private Pilot License
- Be at least 17 years old
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language
- Hold a third class medical certificate
- Pass the written exam
- Pass the oral and practical exam
- 40 hours total flight time.
- 20 hours flight training (dual) including :
- 3 hours instrument
- 3 hours cross-country
- 3 hours of night flight (with one cross- country over 100 nautical miles).
- 3 hours flight training within 60 days before check-ride.
- 10 hours solo including :
- 5 hours cross-country (over 150 nautical miles total distance with landings at a minimum of three points, and one segment of the flight must be at least 50 nautical miles).
Estimated Cost in a Cessna 150/152 or Piper Tomahawk:
The minimum flight requirement is 40 hours. Our students will typically get their licenses after 45 to 50 hours (the national average is 55 hours).
|35 hours Dual||$3,290|
|10 hours Solo||$690|
|25 hours Ground||$625|
|Books & Supplies||$100|
*Tests fees include: written test and check-ride.
**Add $ 50 per month to keep the member rate.
Prices may vary following student’s capabilities.