December 27, 2013
by Cristina Tolentino AmeriCorps *VISTA
(Our 2nd post in our incoming VISTA spotlight Series)
Meet Sarah Kimbrough!
Her focus as an AmeriCorps VISTA will be on fund and resource development.
Hometown: San Gabriel, CA
Education: BA in Anthropology, minor in art from CSULA
Five fun facts:
1. I ran hurdles on the track and field team at CSULA.
2. I can speak Māori, the indigenous language of New Zealand.
3. I’ve traveled to 9 different countries, yet only 2 states outside of California.
4. I was voted Class Clown in high school.
5. I can play kulintang, a Filipino gong instrument.
Why did you decide to join AmeriCorps VISTA?
I was motivated to become an AmeriCorps VISTA member because I saw my cousin go through the program and was inspired to do the same. I believe in working towards ending poverty and education is one of the best ways to do so!
Quote to Live By:
“The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it.”